Happy National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day!
![]() |
| (source) |
I love cherry cordials. They're some of my favorite treats. Did you know that 'cordials' originally started out as medicine? In the 18th century, people would drink cordials to settle the stomach after overeating. Eventually cordial+chocolate dipped sour cherries came together and we got the chocolate covered cherry!
There's a whole article about the chocolate covered cherry in case you want to learn more!
Nowadays there are bajillions of kinds of cherries dipped in chocolate. I love them all. The classic cherry cordials hold a special place in my heart but when it comes to chocolate, I'm not really that particular.
Okay so let's be real for a second: Today was a rough day.
Just because we choose to celebrate every day doesn't mean that every day is easy or fun or yippy-skippy fun times.
Today was a day of tears, Anxiety, panic attacks, and other struggles. It was hard. And even though I found a recipe for cherry cordials, I didn't much feel like making them.
We invited some friends over for dinner (and to talk about some hard things happening in our life right now). Do you know what they brought? Chocolate covered cherries!
They were delicious.
So, the takeaway from Chocolate Covered Cherry Day?
When you're having a hard time, reach out. People are here to help you, love you, talk about hard things with you, and bring you chocolate covered cherries.
The End.
PS - Tomorrow will be so exciting!!! Tune in at 8 AM Mountain Time for a very special CONTEST!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts with me!